Valuable education domains available as more students turn to online education
News from The Providence Journal:
BOSTON, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — DomainAdvisors, a leading broker of premium domain names and websites, announced today that a select group of category defining education domains including, but not limited to, GraduateSchool.com, GraduateSchools.com, OnlineGraduateSchool.com, OnlineClassrooms.com, Schooling.com and Educational.com have been listed exclusively for sale with their firm. Such targeted and brandable domains present a significant opportunity within the enrollment-marketing sector, companies involved in online lead generation for the education vertical, or to an established educational institution. As a result of the upward trend in the online education market as a whole, premium education domains such as these will only appreciate in value over time.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130215/MM61371LOGO )
Just last week, TechCrunch, a leading technology media property, released a compelling article entitled, “Online Education Is Replacing Physical Colleges At A Crazy Fast Pace” stating that, “while educators knew the online revolution would eventually envelop the physical classroom, a torrent of near-revolutionary developments in the past month are proving that change is coming quicker than anyone imagined. In just 30 days, the largest school system in the U.S. began offering credit for online courses, a major university began awa…………… continues on The Providence Journal
… Read the full article
Training and Support Specialist
News from John Jay Online – Inside Higher Ed:
The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation’s leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 7605
Supports and consults with faculty, students, and others in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
- Provides day-to-day support for users of instructional systems
- May supervise a College help desk related to academic technology, supervising and training staff
- Designs, develops, and delivers training and orientation sessions on the use of instructional technologies
- May serve as an administrator and/or account coordinator for one or more systems
- Assists in demonstrating the practical application of computers and communications technology for classes and workshops for faculty or students
- May track problem reports, troubleshoot reported issues, and document resolutions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: IT Academic Technology Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In addition to the general duties…………… continues on John Jay Online – Inside Higher Ed
… Read the full article